CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 1,59,192 crore to more than 1.74 crore taxpayers from 1st Apr,2021 to 17th January,2022. Income tax refunds of Rs. 56,765crore have been issued in 1,72,01,502cases &corporate tax refunds of Rs. 1,02,428crore have been issued in 2,22,774cases
This includes 1.36 crore refunds of AY 2021-22 amounting to Rs. 26,372.83 crore.
How to Check Income Tax Refund Status through E-Filing Website
- Visit https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/login
- Login to e-Filing website with User ID, Password, Date of Birth / Date of Incorporation and Captcha.
- Go to My Account and click on “Refund/Demand Status”.
- Below details would be displayed.
- Assessment Year
- Reason (For Refund Failure if any)
- Mode of Payment is displayed.
You can also login to your account on the official website of the Income Tax Department to check the status of your refund.
How to Check Income Tax Refund Status through the TIN NSDL Website
- Step 1:Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refund-status-pan.html.
- Step 2: Enter the PAN, assessment year, and captcha.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Proceed’ to check the status of the refund.