If advance is deducted on the basis of your estimated investment in a financial year, but after the final paper is submitted by the end of the financial year, it is found that more tax has been deducted according to your liability, then income tax You have to apply for ITR refund to get the same back from the department.
Refunds of most of the people filing Income Tax Return (ITR-ITR) have either arrived or are in process. If you have filed the return on time and your refund has not come yet, then you can check it and in case of non-refund, you can complain to the Income Tax Department.
How to Check Refund Details
If you have filed your ITR on time, then you can check the status of refund by visiting http://www.incometax.gov.in. For this, you have to log-in to your account by entering PAN as User ID and Password.
After opening your account, click on ‘e-File’ option and select ‘Income Tax Return’ in ‘e-File’ option. Here you will click on the option ‘view filed returns’, then the status of your return will be shown in front of you.
The assessment for the ITR filed for the financial year 2020-21 will be for the year 2021-22. Here you can check the details. Here you can check the details of tax refund issue date, refund amount etc.
For refund tracking, you can gather complete information by visiting the Income Tax Department’s website, Tax Information Network tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html.
On this page, you have to enter your PAN card number. Fill the assessment year in the column below and then enter the captcha code given below. This is how you can check the status of tax refund.
After entering the captcha code, a message will appear on your screen based on the status of your refund money.
You can file a complaint here
If the refund has not come in your bank account, then you can file a complaint with the Income Tax Department for this. You can send your complaint through e-mail to email@example.com. You can also register your complaint by calling the SBI Call Center at 1800-425-9760.
You can register on a paper and send it to Hyderabad
State Bank of India, Survey No. 21, Opp. Hyderabad Central University, Main Gate, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-50001.
Things to Consider
- To process your refund request, the IT department may require additional documentation.
- The department may send you a notice stating the amount of unpaid taxes. In this case, double-check all of your paperwork and recalculate your tax liability and refund due. If the figures you entered on the returns form are accurate, submit a rectification to back up your claim.
- If the department believes your refund request is incorrect, you will receive a notice from them explaining why they believe it is incorrect.
- If your returns have not yet been processed by the IT department, you can go ahead and revise them to include the missing deductions.
- If your bank account information has changed, inform your assessing officer of the new account number and MICR code.