Here’s the list of all the items that will now attract GST or be charged at a different rate
Unpacked, unlabelled and unbranded goods continue to remain exempt from GST.
A rate of 5% GST will be charged on pre-packed and labelled meat (except frozen), fish, curd, paneer, honey, dried leguminous vegetables, dried makhana, wheat and other cereals, wheat or meslin flour, jaggery, puffed rice (muri), all goods and organic manure and coir pith compost.
12% GST will now be charged on all forms of mango including mango pulp (other than mangoes sliced, dried). Raw or fresh mangoes continue to be exempt.
GST on cheque books, hotel rooms, diamonds
- 18% GST will on fee charged by banks for the issuing cheques (loose or in book form).
- 12 per cent GST on hotel rooms below Rs 1,000 per day will be levied, as against a tax exemption currently.
- Maps and charts including atlases will attract a 12 per cent levy.
- GST on e-waste increased to 18 per cent from earlier rate of 5 per cent.
- LED lamps, inks, knives, blades, power-driven pumps and dairy machinery’s GST to be raised to 18 per cent from 12 per cent.
- Tax on miling machinery for cereals will be increased to 18 per cent from 5 per cent.
- GST on solar water heater, finished leather will be increased to 12 per cent.
- GST on specified goods for petroleum will be increased to 12 per cent from 5 per cent on input goods to correct inversion.
- GST on work contract services supplied to govt, local authorities will be 18 per cent. – GST on cut, polished diamonds increased from 0.25 per cent to 1.5 per cent.
- Transport of goods and passengers by ropeways to attract 18 per cent GST, up from 5 per cent (with ITC of services).
- Renting of truck/goods carriage where cost of fuel is included to attract per cent GST, up from 12 per cent. In case of Services, following exemptions are being rationalised: – Exemption on transport of passengers by air to and from NE states & Bagdogra is being restricted to economy class.
GST exemption on a host of products and services has been removed
- Transportation by rail or a vessel of railway equipment and material.
- Storage or warehousing of commodities which attract tax (nuts, spices, copra, jaggery, cotton etc.)
- Fumigation in a warehouse of agricultural produce.
- Services by RBI,IRDA,SEBI,FSSAI, GSTN.
- Renting of residential dwelling to business entities (registered persons).
- Services provided by the cord blood banks by way of preservation of stem cells – Room rent (excluding ICU) exceeding Rs 5,000 per day per patient charged by a hospital shall be taxed to the extent of the amount charged for the room at 5 per cent, without ITC.
- Application fee charged for entrance or for issuance of eligibility certificate for admission or issuance of migration certificate by universities is exempt from GST.
- Due to ambiguity in GST rates on supply of ice cream by ice-cream parlours, GST charged at 5 per cent without ITC on the same during the period July 1, 2017 to October 5, 2021 shall be regularised to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- The GST on tetra pack too would be hiked to 18 per cent from 12 per cent at present.