Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday directed a “complete lockdown” in the state, except for essential services, till March 31.
There will be a “complete lockdown”, barring essential and medical services, in Rajasthan from March 22 till March 31 to contain the spread of novel coronavirus and keep people safe, Ashok Gehlot said in a statement.
Ashok Gehlot took the decision at a high-level meeting with the top officials.
All government offices, malls, factories, public transport etc. will remain shut during the period, he said.
So far, 25 people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the state and report of 40 others are awaited.
“In order to protect the lives of people from coronavirus infection, instructions have been given for complete lock down from March 22 to March 31, excluding essential services across the state,” Ashok Gehlot tweeted.
CORE GROUP TO COMBAT CORONAVIRUS IN RAJASTHAN
A core group has been formed under the guidance of additional chief secretary (ACS) of home Rajeev Swarup.
“In this period of disaster, people should not have any problem related to food. More than one crore families, linked to the National Food Security Act, will get free wheat till May,” Ashok Gehlot said.
“In urban areas, families in need will get food packets. Street vendors and daily wage workers will be given free food packets as well. Food will be distributed in collaboration with the district administration municipalities. Social security pensions will be disbursed in the first week of April. Factory workers will get paid leaves during the lockdown,” Ashok Gehlot said.