Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired the 44th meeting of the GST Council through video conferencing. giving information about the decisions taken in this-
- GST on electric furnaces and temperature checking equipment has been reduced to 5 per cent and on ambulances to 12 per cent. These rates will be valid till September. GoM had recommended reduction in these by August: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- No GST will be levied on Amphotericin, an antifungal drug used in the treatment of black fungus: Sitharaman.
- No change in GST on corona vaccine: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The GST Council has approved the proposal to reduce the GST on Corona’s drug Remdesivir from 12 percent to 5 percent. Tocilizumab will not attract any tax: Sitharaman.
- GST Council cuts GST on medicines of black fungus and other items needed in the war against Covid