Big news for EPFO account holders. Actually, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has made the e-nomination process mandatory for its account holders. That is, from now on without e-nomination you cannot check the balance of your PF account. Along with this, if you do not complete this process, you will not be able to get other benefits related to it.
Why is e-nomination mandatory?
It is worth noting that by making e-nomination in the EPFO account, social security is provided to the family of the account holder. The organization has advised its account holders that it is very important to do e-nomination. Doing this helps the nominee/ family members to withdraw money related to PF, Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) in case of death of the account holder. By completing this process, the nominee can also claim online.
Under the Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, the facility of insurance cover is also provided to the EPFO account holders. Under this, a maximum insurance cover of Rs 7 lakh is paid to the nominee. If the member dies without any nomination, it becomes difficult to process the claim and money can get stuck. This process can be done online very easily.
- For e-nomination, first of all go to the website of the organization https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Now you have to click on the For Employee option appearing in the service section.
- After that click on Member UAN/ Online Service (OCS/ OTCP) option.
- After doing this a new page will open where you will have to log in with UAN number and password.
- Now go to Provide Details tab by selecting E-Nomination option under Manage tab.
- After this click on Yes for family declaration, then click on Add family details.
- You can add more than one nominee on this page. Then click on Nomination Details.
- Fill all the requested information and click on Save EPF Nomination option.
- Now click on E-sign to generate OTP, OTP will come on your Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Your e-nomination process is completed as soon as you enter the OTP received on the mobile number.