Current and Corporate Affairs : 31th July 2020
- COVID-19 recoveries cross one-million mark in country; recovery rate improves to 64.44 %: -Health Ministry today said that the COVID-19 recoveries have crossed one-million mark in the country. Briefing media in New Delhi today, Officer on Special Duty in Health Ministry said, it was possible due to the selfless work, dedication and commitment to duty shown by our Doctors, Nurses and frontline Medicare workers. He said, recovery rate among COVID-19 patients increased from 7.85 per cent in April to 64.44 per cent today
- Indian Red Cross Society to buy 1.80 lakh facemasks from KVIC: – Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has received a purchase order from Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) to supply 1 lakh 80 thousand face masks. KVIC has said, the masks for Red Cross will be made of 100 per cent double-twisted handcrafted cotton fabric in brown colour with red piping. KVIC has specially designed these double-layered cotton masks for the Indian Red Cross Society as per the designs provided by them. The supply of masks will begin by next month.
- India Mauritius special friendship based on deep rooted cultural linkages, says PM Modi: – Prime Minister Narendra Modi was speaking today after jointly inaugurating the new Supreme Court building of Mauritius with his Mauritian counterpart Pravind Jugnauth. Prime Minister Modi congratulated the Government and people of Mauritius for effective management of containment of the global pandemic in the island country. He hailed India’s special friendship bond with Mauritius and termed it as one which is based on deep rooted cultural linkages.
- Power Minister dedicates SECI 1, 2 and 3 wind projects to nation: – Union Power Minister Raj Kumar Singh yesterday dedicated Sembcorp’s state of the art SECI 1, 2 and 3 wind projects to the nation. Bhanu Pratap Yadav, Joint Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), along with several other dignitaries joined Wong Kim Yin, Group President and CEO, Sembcorp Industries from Singapore and Vipul Tuli, Managing Director, Sembcorp Energy India Limited virtually, to commemorate this milestone. Sembcorp Energy India Limited (SEIL), a whollyowned subsidiary of Sembcorp Industries, yesterday announced completion of its latest 800 MW wind power projects, bringing its India renewable energy capacity to 1,730 MW. With the full commissioning of its 300MW SECI 3 wind project, Sembcorp becomes the first independent power producer to fully commission its projects awarded in the first three wind auctions held by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- PM Modi congratulates ITER organization for their hard work & success so far: – Prime Minister Narendra Modi today congratulated the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, ITER organization for their hard work and success so far. The ITER Organization is celebrating the Start of Assembly of the ITER Tokamak with a ceremony at Saint-Paul-Lez-Durance, France. The Celebration has been hosted virtually by French President Emmanuel Macron. Taking note of the global participation of scientists and engineers, Mr Modi in his message projected ITER to be a perfect illustration of the age-old Indian belief – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. He said the entire world is working together for the betterment of mankind.
- 3 more Ministers inducted into Jai Ram Thakurled Himachal Pradesh cabinet: – The Jai Ram Thakur-led Himachal Pradesh cabinet expanded today, with the induction of three Ministers. Those inducted as cabinet ministers are Sukh Ram Chaudhary, Rakesh Pathania and Rajinder Garg. Governor Bandaru Dattatreya administered the oath of office to the new ministers at an event in the Raj Bhawan, following COVID-19 protocols.
- Delhi govt reduces VAT on diesel to 16.75 pct: – The Delhi government has reduced VAT on diesel from 30 percent to 16.75 per cent . The decision was taken following a state cabinet meeting, The cut in VAT on diesel would reduce the price of the automobile and industrial fuel in Delhi to 73 rupees 64 paise. The price of diesel will come down by eight rupees 36 paise per litre in the national capital . Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced that the rate of VAT on diesel was being brought back to 16.75 per cent from 30 per cent. Mr Kejriwal said, the move was a significant step to bring the economy back on track.
- Over 70 pct people in Leh, Kargil issued Ayushman Bharat Golden cards: – Ayushman Bharat is progressing steadily in Ladakh region. Over 70 percent of people in Leh and Kargil have been issued Golden cards of Ayushman Bharat. Those who are not covered according to the 2011 census but eligible for the benefit under the scheme are specially covered by the PM’s intervention. In Ladakh, ten public hospitals are empanelled to avail the health and medical benefits under Ayushman Bharat scheme. IN the cashless transactions, patients have to carry the Golden card, get admitted and walk out from the hospital after the treatment. Entire process of Ayushman Bharat is seamless and hassle free for the beneficiaries.
BUSINESS AND FINANCE
- Piyush Goyal inaugurates CII National Digital conference on Ease of Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat: – Inaugurating CII National Digital conference on Ease of Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat, the Minister emphasized that slowly but surely a single window concept will be achieved. He urged both industry and government to work as partners and industry will have to play a proactive role in helping the government identify the tax evaders. The Minister said that he is dedicated to policy simplification and asked for industry’s feedback in areas where policy stability is
- Govt extends deadline for filing income tax returns for FY 2018-19 till Sep 30: -Union Government has extended the deadline for filing income tax returns for 2018-19 fiscal by two months till 30th of September. In a tweet, the Income Tax Department said, in view of the constraints due to the COVID pandemic and to further ease
compliances for taxpayers, it extended the due date for filing of
Income Tax Returns from 31st of July to 30th of September 30.
- US stocks rise on slew of positive earnings as Fed looms; Nasdaq up over 1%: -U.S. stocks rose yesterday as a slew of positive earnings and hopes for assurances of continued support from the Federal Reserve overshadowed concerns about next steps for the government’s coronavirus support plan. The Dow Jones gained 0.6 percent, the S&P 500 climbed 1.2 percent while the Nasdaq Composite index surged 1.4 percent.
Thanks for reading “Current and Corporate Affairs : 31th July 2020“
Compiled By : CS Surbhi Saxena
Subscribe Us on You Tube for LIVE Webinars : WATCH YOUTUBE