Any of the following document will serve as proof of identity in case of individual applicants being Indian citizens (including those located outside India) :
(1.) Copy of following :
- Aadhaar Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India;
- Elector’s photo identity card; or
- Driving License; or
- Passport; or
- Ration card having photograph of the applicant; or
- Arm’s license; or
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking; or
- Pensioner card having photograph of the applicant; or
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card.
(2.) Certificate of identity in original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be; or
(3.) Bank certificate in Original on letter head from the branch (alongwith name and stamp of the issuing officer) containing duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant.
For HUF, an affidavit made by the Karta of Hindu Undivided Family stating name, father’s name and address of all the coparceners on the date of application and copy of any of the above documents in the name of Karta of HUF is required as proof of identity.
In case of Minor, any of the above mentioned documents of any of parents/guardians of such minor shall be deemed to be the relevant proof of identity for the minor applicant.
Source: Income Tax India’s Official Website