Many times it is misused due to the PAN card being put in the hands of the wrong people. Since this card is used for financial purposes, it is very important to maintain it properly and keep checking its usage history.
Otherwise it can be misused. With the use of PAN card, people can do big frauds or scams. Along with this, people can become the guarantor of any person’s loan by using someone else’s card many times. By doing this you will be liable to tax and you will also have to pay tax for it.
If your PAN card has been used by any person and done high value transactions with it, then its details will be shown in Form 26AS. By checking this, you can find out the wrong use of PAN. You must download this form. You can also take it from the portal of TRACES. After downloading this form, check all the transactions. This will let you know whether your PAN card has been misused or not.
Perform the following steps to view or download the Form-26AS from e-Filing portal:
- Logon to ‘e-Filing’ Portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Go to the ‘My Account’ menu, click ‘View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)’ link.
- Read the disclaimer, click ‘Confirm’ and the user will be redirected to TDS-CPC Portal.
- In the TDS-CPC Portal, Agree the acceptance of usage. Click ‘Proceed’.
- Click ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’
- Select the ‘Assessment Year’ and ‘View type’ (HTML, Text or PDF)
- Click ‘View / Download’