CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 1,92,119 crore to more than 2.24 crore taxpayers from 1st Apr,2021 to 15th March,2022. Income tax refunds of Rs. 70,373 crore have been issued in 2,21,62,611cases &corporate tax refunds of Rs. 1,21,746 crore have been issued in 2,32,997cases.
This includes 1.83 crore refunds of AY 2021-22 amounting to Rs. 37,961.19 crore.
Check your refund status
- You have to first go to the official website www.incometax.gov.in.
- Here you have to enter the User ID and Password.
- When you login, you will see the option of e-filing.
- In the e-file option, you have to select Income Tax Returns.
- After this, click on View File Return.
- Now the details of your latest ITR will come.
- After selecting, the status of your ITR will be visible.
- Here you will see the tax refund issue date and amount.
- Apart from this, information about the clearance of your refund will also be available.
How to Check Income Tax Refund Status through the TIN NSDL Website
Step 1:Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refund-status-pan.html.
Step 2: Enter the PAN, assessment year, and captcha.
Step 3: Click on ‘Proceed’ to check the status of the refund.