CBIC has Launched the E-Office Application
“The e-Office is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the National e-Governance of India.”
Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has launched remotely the e-Office application on 15th day of June, 2020 in over 500 CGST and Customs offices across India in the presence of over 800 senior officers of CBIC.
CBIC has become one of the largest Government departments to automate its internal office procedures via this facility as Over 50,000 officers and staff will use this application.
- Fundamental Change of using this Application:
- change in internal office procedures which is so far based on manual handling of files and paper movement.
- E-Office would complement its many other IT led reforms
- aimed at enhancing the ease of doing business for the trade and industry.
- Developer of E- Office Application:
Developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and is supported by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- Key Features of E-office Application:
- aims to improve governance by automating the internal processes of handling files and taking decisions within Government.
- e-Office application’s main module, e-File, enables on-line file related work, starting from receiving and marking dak, operating a file, preparing a draft letter, its approval/signature and dispatch of the signed letter.
- lead to speedier decision making, transparency, accountability,
- positive impact on the environment by cutting down the use of paper and printing.
- e-Office ensures enhanced security as no file or document can be altered or destroyed or backdated.
- An in-built monitoring mechanism would identify where the files are held up enabling quick disposal and faster decision making.
- E-office will help during covid -19 pandemic
E-Office would help avoid contact with physical files thereby preventing possible transmission of any virus.
The launch of E-Office is one more measure taken by the CBIC in leveraging technology for providing a ‘Faceless, Contactless and Paperless’
Thanks for reading my article on “CBIC has Launched the E-Office Application”
Disclaimer : IN NO EVENT THE AUTHOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION.
AUTHOR : CS LALIT RAJPUT (CLICK HERE TO VIEW PROFILE)
Follow US on LinkedIn for Job Updates : Click Here to Visit LinkedIn Profile