Recognition to CS under IFSCA
Recognition to Company Secretary under the International Financial Services Centres Authority (Issuance and Listing of Securities) Regulations, 2021
The Institute in furtherance of its endeavours to provide new opportunities to its members has been sending suggestions on various draft rules, regulations, policies and guidelines, etc. issued by Ministries, government organisations and regulatory bodies to seek recognitions in new areas of practice and employment.
ICSI is pleased to share that the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has recognized the Company Secretary as ‘Compliance Officer to be appointed under Regulation 130 of IFSCA (Issuance and Listing of Securities) Regulations, 2021 issued vide gazette notification dated 16th July, 2021.
Recognition to Company Secretary mentioned above is as under:
- Compliance Officer and his Obligations
(1) A listed entity shall appoint a qualified company secretary as the compliance officer.
(2) The compliance officer of the listed entity shall be responsible for
- ensuring conformity with the regulatory provisions applicable to the listed entity in letter and spint;
- coordination with and reporting to IFSCA, recognised stock exchange(s) and depositories with respect compliance with rules, regulations and other directives of these authorities in the manner as specified from time to time; and
- ensuring that the correct procedures have been followed that would result in the correctness, authenticity and comprehensiveness of the information, statements and reports filed by the listed entity under these regulations.
Source: Click Here
Every effort has been made to avoid errors or omissions in this material. In spite of this, errors may creep in. Any mistake, error or discrepancy noted may be brought to our notice which shall be taken care of in the next edition. In no event the author shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or incidental damage resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this information.