Current and Corporate Affairs : 29th July 2020
- AYUSH Minister visits COVID-19 Health Centre at AIIA in Delhi: AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik, visited the COVID-19 Health Centre at All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), in New Delhi today. The Minister reviewed the arrangements at the Centre for treatment of COVID-19 patients. He also interacted with the team of doctors and enquired about the wellbeing of the patients at the centre. The Minister expressed satisfaction with the services provided by AIIA in wake of COVID 19 pandemic. He said that the spirit, enthusiasm, courage and efforts of the whole team of AIIA in providing care to the COVID patients on the basis of principles of Ayurveda is praiseworthy. AIIA is providing Holistic care through individualized Ayurveda Medicine, diet, Yoga and Relaxation techniques to COVID 19 patients across India.
- Over 5 lakh Covid-19 tests conducted daily in last two days: -India has conducted more than five lakh COVID-19 tests in a single day over two consecutive days. Union Health Ministry said, this is the outcome of the combined and focused efforts of Centre, State and Union Territories governments on aggressive testing. During last 24 hours, India tested a total of five lakh 15 thousand samples. Testing is the first important step in the early detection and isolation of COVID-19 positive cases. The graded and evolving response resulted in a testing strategy that steadily widened the testing network in the country, and the cumulative testing has crossed one crore 73 lakh.
- Commerce Ministry amends its export policy for PPE & masks: – Commerce Ministry amended its export policy for Personal Protection Equipment, PPE and masks today. Under the new policy, 2 and 3 ply surgical masks and medical goggles can now be exported with certain limitations. For 2 and 3 ply surgical masks a monthly export quota of 4 crore has been fixed by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). Medical Goggles can be exported with a monthly cap of 20 lakh units. Government has also removed prohibition on export of Face Shields from the country.
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman attends 5th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of AIIB: -Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 5th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) through video conference in New Delhi, today. The discussions at the meeting broadly covered official business including election of the President of the AIIB and a roundtable discussion on the theme ‘AIIB 2030-Supporting Asia’s Development over the Next Decade’. Finance Minister mentioned about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative of creating a COVID-19 Emergency Fund for SAARC Nations. She also highlighted India’s efforts in supplying critical medical health kits to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and nation’s support towards the global efforts of COVID-19 vaccine trials.
- HRD Minister launches India Report on Digital Education, 2020: Human Resources and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank today launched India Report on Digital Education, 2020. The report elaborates on the innovative methods adopted by Ministry of HRD, Education Departments of States and Union Territories for ensuring accessible and inclusive education to children at home and reducing learning gaps. School Education is envisaged as a comprehensive and convergent programme committed to universalize digital education across the wide spectrum of schools from pre-nursery to higher secondary classes. The quality digital education has acquired a new urgency in the present context of globalization. The Ministry said, it has initiated many projects to assist teachers, scholars and students in their pursuit of learning like DIKSHA platform, Swayam Prabha TV Channel, On Air – Shiksha Vani, e-PathShala and telecast through TV channels.
- Rajasthan govt sends proposal to Governor for third time to convene session of state assembly: – Rajasthan government today sent a proposal to Governor Kalraj Mishra for the third time to convene a session of the state assembly. In this proposal, the government has also replied to three points queries asked by the Governor. However, the government has again proposed 31st July date to call the house.
- Fine for not wearing mask, spitting in public places raised to Rs 500 in Gujarat: -In Gujarat, the state government has increased the fine for not wearing face mask and spitting in public places in the state to 500 rupees from 200 rupees announced earlier. The decision was taken by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today. AIR correspondent reports that in areas falling under the Ahmedabad and Surat municipal limits, the fine for not wearing face mask in public places has already been increased to 500 rupees. The government has also ensured that face masks are made available to citizens easily and at low prices. All the Amul milk parlours in the state will sell simple face masks for two rupees each.
- Bangladesh PM instructs officials to extend all support to flood hit people in country: – In view of the prolonged flood, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has instructed the government officials to extend all support to the flood hit people in the country. The flood situation in Bangladesh continued to be grim as several major rivers in the country were flowing above the danger level. According to the latest flood bulletin issued by the Flood Forecast and Warning Centre (FFWC) at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, since 3 p.m. on Monday, water level showed an increase at 43 points while it declined at 55 across the 101 observation points in the four major river basins of the country.
BUSINESS AND FINANCE
- IRCTC, SBI Card launches new Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform:- IRCTC and SBI Card together launched their new Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal today dedicated this new card to the Nation. The new RuPay credit card is equipped with Near Field Communication, NFC, technology with which, users can expedite their transactions at the Point Of Sales machines by just tapping the card on the machines.
- Govt notifies changes in FDI norms on civil aviation; permits NRIs to own 100% stake of Air India: The government has notified changes in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) norms on civil aviation. It will permit nonresident Indian nationals to own 100 per cent stake of Air India. Last month, the government for the third time extended the deadline to bid for Air India. The deadline was extended by two months till August 31st. The divestment process for the national carrier was initiated on January 27th.
- Veteran actor Kumkum passes away in Mumbai: – Veteran actor Kumkum, who featured in over 100 Hindi films and popular songs such as ‘Kabhi aar, Kabhi paar’ and ‘Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi’, passed away today. She was 86. Her sister-in-law Shenaz informed that Kumkum, whose real name was Zaibunnissa, died at around 11.30 am at her Bandra residence due to age-related issues. She said that actor Kumkum’s last rites took place at Mazgaon cemetery
Thanks for Reading “Current and Corporate Affairs : 29th July 2020”
Compiled By : CS Surbhi Saxena
Subscribe Us on You Tube for LIVE Webinars : Click Here to Visit You Tube Channel