Tax policies are designed to meet the socio-economic objectives of the Government.
Now, the Purchase of Electric Vehicles offers Tax benefits (Section 80EEB) and many more advantages.
Get Benifit of Section 80EEb for the benefits of buying an Electric Vehicle (EVs). Taxpayers are eligible for a deduction of Rs. 1,50,000 under section 80EEB on the interest paid on loan taken to buy Electric vehicles. The tax benefit is offered under section 80EEB. Let us know more:
- The loan should be taken from a bank or specified NBFC.
- Only the Interest part of the Loan is to be allowed as a Deduction.
- The deduction cannot exceed Rs. 1.5 lakh and is allowed to claim from your total income from the financial year 2019-20 and onwards until the loan is repaid.
- The loan has to be sanctioned between 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2023.
- This deduction u/s 80EEB is allowed for Individual taxpayers only. However, if the individual runs a business as a proprietorship concern and the vehicle is used for the purpose of business then such assessee can claim it as a business expense in their books irrespective of the amount.
- If any person is already claiming it as a business expense then they will not be eligible to claim the same expense twice.