As expected, the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has maintained status quo on key rates in its bi-monthly policy statement for the ninth consecutive time, as announced by Governor Shaktikanta Das on Wednesday.
RBI monetary policy Live updates:
- RBI retains CPI inflation projection at 5.3% in 2021-22: Governor Das
- Cut in excise duty on petrol, diesel to bring down inflation rate on durable basis, says Governor
- Crude oil prices softening in November would alleviate domestic cost push build up: RBI Governor Das
- Real GDP growth is projected at 17.2% for Q1 and at 7.8% for Q2 of 2022-23
- RBI retains the gross domestic product (GDP) growth target at 9.5% in FY22
- The MPC voted unanimously to maintain status quo, announces Governor Shaktikanta Das