The Department of Posts has launched the digital version of the Postal Life Insurance policy bonds, also termed as “e-PLI bond”. Launched in collaboration with Digi-locker, e-PLI bond is expected to facilitate citizens in a meaningful way by providing ease of access and quick claim settlements. Now, all old and new Postal Life Insurance subscribers would be able to download the digital copy of their policy bond from digilocker.
ePLI bond is the Department of Posts’ first digital integration with Digilocker which will greatly facilitate citizens in a meaningful way by providing ease of access and quick claim settlements – Secretary Posts Shri Vineet Pandey.
DigiLocker has been providing a secure cloud-based platform for storage, sharing and verification of documents & certificates for various organizations.The Department of Posts aims to reduce the turn-around time for citizens for claim and maturity cases. As an adjunct to the above citizen-friendly feature, various other administrative mechanisms are also being put into place for hassle-free and time-bound settlements of Postal Life Insurance claims.
- Logging in to the Digilocker is very secured.
- the user can download the digital copy of the Policy bond on their mobile phone.
- Both the Postal Life Insurance (PLI) as well as the Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) policy bonds are available in the ‘electronic form
- ePLI policy bonds having a digital signature is valid proof as per the Rule 9A of the Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries Providing Digital Locker Facilities) Rules, 2016.
- It shall be treated at par with the original policy bond issued by the Department of Posts for processing all types of Financial & Non-financial requests related to PLI/RPLI.
- If the user is holding multiple Postal & Rural Postal Life Insurance Policies – all of the policies can be downloaded immediately after the issue of the policy bond by the Department of Posts.
- The policyholder of PLI need not wait for the delivery of the physical copy of the PLI policy bond. This facility is available for all new and old policyholders.
- The digital copy will be treated as a valid policy document by the Postal Department.
- the policyholder can use the ePLI Bond as proof, for effecting any changes that are required in the policy document like address change, nomination e.t.c without the hassle of carrying the physical copy.
- It will reduce the administrative overhead and also provide secure real-time verification of documents.
Note:e-PLI bond is available on Digilocker.
Source: Press Release 1763290
Disclaimer:Every effort has been made to avoid errors or omissions in this material. In spite of this, errors may creep in. Any mistake, error or discrepancy noted may be brought to our notice which shall be taken care of in the next edition. In no event the author shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or incidental damage resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this information.