A Short Animation Film Contest is open for Indian Citizens organized by National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Entries are open only for 2D/3D animated short films with a duration of maximum 3 minutes each. The theme of the competition is India @75. The Central Idea is to develop an animated character with the name Arya (masculine आर्य ārya) or Aryaa(feminine, आर्या āryā) Bharat (masculine) or Bharati(feminine). The films may be based around this central character having either of the names above. The subject of the films may be based on any of the following key programs of the government like:
1) Make in India- To develop and make products in India
2) Atma Nirbhar Bharat- Self-confidence and an independent spirit of growth
3) Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat- Unity that creates the experience of cooperation increases enthusiasm and
makes the atmosphere empowering. Unity that creates a sense of belonging and increases well-being for
4) Beti Bachao Beti Padhao/ Scheduled Caste Welfare- Equality of Gender / Caste
5) Ayushman Bharat/Promotion of Yoga- Fitness to fight disease and enabling a long healthy life
The filmmaker may choose any of the above subjects as the central idea of the film. The story should be set In India. Entries without either of these components shall not be eligible for the contest. The animated short films can be made in any one of the 22 official Indian languages with transcript (in verbatim) in Hindi /English.
Prize money for 02 categories:
2D Animation Category
First Prize (2,00,000/-)
Second Prize (1,50,000/-)
Third Prize (1,00,000/-)
3D Animation Category
First Prize (3,00,000/-)
Second Prize (2,00,000/-)
Third Prize (1,00,000/-)
1. Definition of 2D film: 2D animation implies that the object is two-dimensional and comprises of characters or objects that are rendered visually on paper, film or on screen in two planes representing only the width and height.
2. Definition of 3D film: 3D animation implies that the object is three-dimensional and comprises of objects in height, width, and depth. Characters made in 3D are more realistic in contrast to 2D characters.
3. Please upload your film on online streaming sites like YouTube or Video only and paste the link to the film in the comment box as your entry. Films uploaded through Google drive or we transfer links will not be accepted. Storyboards, scripts as Word or PDF documents or pictures will not be accepted as entries.
4. Please ensure the films are submitted in HD format and are in the ratio 16:9 in Horizontal format. Films submitted in vertical formats will not be accepted.
5. Entries are open only for 2D/3D animated short films with duration of maximum 3 minutes each.
The last date of submission is 26th February 2022.
Click here for the Terms and Conditions (PDF-76.1kB)