For Debt Listed Issuers
BSE vide notice no 20210915-2 dated 15th day of September, 2021 has issued a circular w.r.t. XBRL based Compliance filings for Debt Listed Issuers.
XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) is a standardized and structured way of communicating business and financial data in an electronic form. XBRL provides a language containing various definitions (tags) which uniquely represent the contents of each piece of financial statements or other kinds of compliance and business reports. Due to the structured elements of data, it enables reporting information move between organizations rapidly, accurately and digitally.
- Compliance Required:
SEBI has introduced Circular SEBI/HO/DDHS/DDHS1/P/CIR/2021/572 dated June 04, 2021 (Click here), wherein the listed Debt issuers are required to submit Record Date, Credit Rating, Interest Payment, Redemption Payment and Default History Information disclosures as per the prescribed format. The Exchange has introduced facility of filing of the same in XBRL mode.
- Key Highlights:
1. In order to provide ease of Compliance, Stock Exchanges have put in place a common XBRL taxonomy for this purpose.
2. All the Listed Debt issuers are requested to submit the following in XBRL mode only:
- Credit Rating,
- Interest Payment,
- Redemption Payment
- Default History
3. Further all the listed Debt issuers are requested to file Record date details in XBRL mode in addition to the filing in PDF mode, till further notification.
4. Submission of Credit Rating, Interest Payment, Redemption Payment and Default History Information shall be submitted in XBRL mode only and any other mode of submission shall be treated as non-submission.
5. Suggested path to submit Record date details and xml file under Regulation 60:
Listing Compliance – Corporate Announcement – Security Type (Debt/CP/MF) – Scrip Code – Category / Sub-Category (Compliance) – Record Date/Book Closure as per Regulation (60)
7. The Excel Utility for filing the respective modules in the prescribed Format in the XBRL mode has been made available in XBRL section of the Listing Centre as per following:
|Sr. No.||Reporting Modules||XBRL file Name|
|1||Record Date (Regulation 60(2) of SEBI LODR)||Regulation 60|
|2||Credit Rating||Credit Rating for Centralized Database|
|3||Interest Payment Disclosure||Interest Payment Status for Centralized Database|
|4||Redemption Payment Disclosure||Redemption Payment Status for Centralized Database|
|5||Default History Information||Default History Information for Centralized Database|
- Online real-time Helpdesk to assist Users:
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to avoid errors or omissions in this material. In spite of this, errors may creep in. Any mistake, error or discrepancy noted may be brought to our notice which shall be taken care of in the next edition. In no event the author shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or incidental damage resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this information.