Following are the basic duties of the person who is liable to deduct tax at source.
- He shall obtain Tax Deduction Account Number and quote the same in all the documents pertaining to TDS.
- He shall deduct the tax at source at the applicable rate.
- He shall pay the tax deducted by him at source to the credit of the Government (by the due date specified in this regard*).
- He shall file the periodic TDS statements, i.e., TDS return (by the due date specified in this regard*).
- He shall issue the TDS certificate to the payee in respect of tax deducted by him (by the due date specified in this regard*).
*Refer tax calendar for the due dates.
Also Read: Income Tax Compliance Calendar For June 2022
Source: Income Tax India’s Official Website