Most people have filed income tax returns for the financial year 2021-22. The last date for filing income tax return was 31 July 2022. Due to heavy penalty for non-filing of ITR, this time a large number of people have filed ITR. During the filing of ITR, TDS return of different people is also generated, which is usually received within 15 to 20 days of filing ITR, but in some cases it does not happen and the refund gets stuck. Today we are telling how you can check the status of your TDS refund. Money has arrived in your account or not.
Follow these steps to check status
- First of all, open the website of Income Tax http://www.incometax.gov.in on your computer or mobile.
- Now you will be asked to login. You will have to enter your PAN number or Aadhaar number instead of User ID.
- After that login by entering the captcha code.
- After login, go to My Account section. Here in My Account you will see “Refund/Demand Status”.
- You have to click on “Refund/Demand Status”. After this, you will see the information of Assessment Year, Reason for Failure of Refund and Payment Mode.
- Now the status of your refund will be displayed in front of you.
Here is another way to know the refund status
If you are not able to check the status of your TDS refund due to any of the above mentioned methods, then you can try this other method as well.
- First of all visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html.
- After this, now go to the bottom area visible on the screen and fill the PAN number and assessment year.
- After entering both the above things, you have to fill the captcha code. Fill it and click on Proceed. Now you will know the status of TDS refund.