Beware of fake Income Tax notices: Here’s how to check if a notice or order issued by ITD is genuine
These days fraud is being carried out in the name of Income Tax Department. Under cybercrime, many people are sending fake income tax notices through email.
As soon as the name of Income Tax Department comes, some people get scared and because of this fear some people become victims of fraud. These days fraud is being carried out in the name of Income Tax Department. Under cybercrime, many people are sending fake income tax notices through email so that money can be recovered wrongly. However, you do not need to be afraid for this. If you also get any kind of notice, then you can first find out its genuine and fake notice.
Income Tax Department has provided facility on its official website through which you can check real or fake notice. You will easily come to know that fraud is happening with you. For this, you have to enter some information in the website.
- First of all you go to the website of Income Tax Department http://www.incometax.gov.in.
- After this you will see the ‘Authenticate’ tab, click on it.
- As soon as you click on this tab, a new page will open in front of you.
- Here you will get two options to check the veracity of the notice received.
- You can check the notices received either through document number or by using PAN, assessment year, notice section, month and year of issue.
- Fill your information here, after giving the information, captcha code will have to be entered.
- After clicking on it, you will know whether the notice sent is true or false.
Cyber thugs are very clever, if you do not have information, then you will become a victim of fraud of fear. In such a situation of cyber thugs, fraud has been started by taking the name of Income Tax Department. You can check it on the website. Remember do not share your personal information with anyone. Your personal information is more likely to be forged.