The income tax (IT) department has rolled out the new annual information statement (AIS) on the compliance portal, which provides a comprehensive view of information to a taxpayer, with a facility to capture online feedback.
The AIS includes additional information linked to interest, dividend, securities transactions, mutual fund transactions, foreign remittance information and other such transactions so that the taxpayer does not miss out on reporting any such transaction in his/her income tax return (ITR).
“New AIS includes additional information relating to interest, dividend, securities and mutual fund transactions, foreign remittance etc. The reported information has been processed to remove duplicate information. Taxpayers may submit online feedback if info found to be incorrect,” the Income Tax Department said in a tweet.
How to download the Annual Information Statement (AIS)
- Log into the e-filing portal (https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/login) using your PAN or Aadhaar and your password.
- Go to the ‘Services’ section at the top menu and click on ‘Annual Information Statement (AIS)’.
- Now, click on ‘Proceed’.
- Then, click on the download button in the AIS tab.
- Select either the PDF or the JSON option and click on ‘Download’.
- Click on the PDF and enter password to open the document
- The password will be your PAN and your date of birth. For example, if your PAN is ABCDE1234F and your DoB id 01/01/1978 then the password to open the document will be ABCDE1234F01011978.
Once you have entered your password, you can view all the details in your AIS. If you find any discrepancy in the AIS or the TIS then you can submit online feedback and the same will be updated.