FinMin interaction with tax professionals, other stakeholders and Infosys on issues in new IT Portal Key points of Extract from above press release issued by Ministry of finance dt 22nd of June, 2021
- A meeting was held between senior officials of the Finance Ministry and Infosys on June 22, 2021 on issues in the new Income Tax Portal.
- The new e-filing portal 2.0 of Income Tax Department (incometax.gov.in) went live on June 07, 2021. Since its launch, there were numerous glitches in the functioning of the new portal and causing inconvenience to taxpayers. Due to which it was decided to hold a meeting between Finance Ministry and Infosys as also other stakeholders.
- Suggestions in respect of the glitches on the portal were invited online by June 18, 2021. More than 700 emails detailing over 2,000 issues including 90 unique issues/problems in the portal were received in response to the same.
- The Finance Minister exhorted Infosys (service provider) to work on the tax portal to make it more humane and user-friendly and expressed her deep concern on the various problems being faced by the stakeholders in the new portal which was expected to provide a seamless experience to taxpayers.
- The Finance Minister concluded her remarks by appreciating the taxpayers who have kept up with the timelines of compliances despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Infosys has been working to fix the technical issues noticed in the functioning of the portal and that they have augmented the resources for execution of the project on the hardware as well as the application side and that some of the issues have already been identified and fixed.
- It was also decided that the timelines mentioned by Infosys to redress the issues would also be placed in public domain in due course.
- This interaction was followed by another detailed meeting between senior officers of the Department of Revenue and the Infosys team, covering technical issues in the new portal.
For details discussion click on below link Link of The Press Release https://www.pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1729504