1. What is Post Registration Site Visit?
Post Registration Field Visit is a visit by the tax authorities to the premises of the taxpayer i.e. the Principal place of business or additional place of business or both, post grant of registration to the taxpayer.
2. Who will conduct the Field Visit of the premises of the taxpayer?
The Field visit will be conducted by the Field Visit Officer to whom this task is assigned.
3. Do I need to prepare anything before the Tax Officials arrive?
Before a Field visit takes place, you should ensure that you have all necessary records and documents available for inspection. You should provide the Tax Officials with any supplementary information that they ask for.
4. What will happen once the Field Visit is conducted by the Tax Official?
Once the Field Visit is conducted by the Tax Official, Field Visit Report will be submitted by the Field Visit Officer. Once the Tax Official is satisfied with the report, he/ she can close the Field Visit. In case, the Tax Official is not satisfied with the report, he/ she can re-initiate the Field Visit or initiate the cancellation of your GST Registration.
5. Can I check the status of the field visit conducted at my premises?
You can check if the Field Visit has been conducted or not, on the GST Portal post-login. Navigate to My Profile section.
If any field visit has been conducted for your GSTIN, “Field Visit Conducted?” would be displayed as “Yes”.
In case, no field visit has been conducted or field visit report not submitted, “Field Visit Conducted?” would be displayed as “No”.