- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, Mr. Dushyant Chautala launched a prototype of ‘GST-PV’ app for Excise and Taxation Department. Through this app, all the Tax Inspectors of the Excise and Taxation Department will conduct physical verification of the premises of taxpayers with their smartphones.
- On this occasion, Additional Chief Secretary, Excise and Taxation Department, Mr. Anurag Rastogi, Commissioner, Excise and Taxation Department, Mr. Shekhar Vidyarthi and other senior officers of the department were present.
- After launching the app, the Deputy Chief Minister who also holds the portfolio of the Excise and Taxation Department said that this app will help in quick detection of fake firms that are involved in passing inaccurate input tax-credits. Apart from this, this app will be helpful in registration of tax, which will save the time and resources of the department.
- He said that at present, tax-inspectors have to visit the firms and manually record the entries after taking the documents, which often leads to complaints of incorrect and inconsistent data filling, while the whole process will be automated through this app and the tax-inspector can feed their data directly.
- The Deputy Chief Minister said that the tax inspectors will have the option to save cases for verification before visiting the premises in the field, so that verification can be done after the actual inspection.
- He said that earlier some tax-inspectors used to fill the taxpayer’s entries by sitting in their offices instead of going to the spot, but now they will have to go to the firm to fill it through this app. The App will automatically take GPS coordinates of the location and photographs of the premises at the time of physical verification and these details will not be required to be manually fed in the system, he added.
- Mr. Dushyant Chautala said that the tax inspectors will be able to view registration particulars of any firm and can contact the authorized representatives through the mobile App. Tax inspectors will be able to use their mobile camera to capture both photographs of the premises and relevant documentary evidence, he added.
- He said that the tax inspectors will be able to view and verify the documents uploaded on the common portal at the time of physical verification itself. He said that this app will bring transparency in the works of the department along with saving time and money.
Source :- https://www.prharyana.gov.in/en/haryana-deputy-chief-minister-mr-dushyant-chautala-launched-a-prototype-of-gstpv-app-for-excise-and