Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a government-backed scheme and is a compulsory deduction for salaried employees. It is a fund to which both the employee and employer contribute 12 per cent of the employee’s basic salary each month.
Generally, the accumulated or a part of the amount in an EPF account can be withdrawn by the employee in the event of Retirement, Marriage, Construction of House and they are subject to many conditions. Considering the current situation in the country , the EPFO has launched this special COVID advance to all the employees without any conditions such as tenure, documentation etc.
The members can withdraw upto 75% of PF balance (Employee’s and Employer’s share) or three months of basic salary and DA or claimed amount, whichever is less. All the claims will be settled within three working days. EPFO has deployed a system driven auto-claim settlement process in respect of all such members whose KYC requirements is complete in all respects.
COVID-19 Specific Process to Claim Your PF Advance
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal http://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
2. Go to online services and Click on Claim (Form-31,19,10C & 10D) Tab
3. Enter your Bank account number and Verify.
4. Click on ‘Proceed for Online Claim‘
5. Select PF Advance (Form 31) from the Drop Down Menu
6. Select Purpose as ‘Outbreak of Pandemic (COVID-19) from the drop down menu
7. Enter the amount required and upload the scanned copy of Cheque and enter your address 8. Click on Get ‘Aadhaar OTP’
8. Click on Get ‘Aadhaar OTP‘
9. Enter the OTP received on Aadhaar linked mobile number
10. Your claim is Submited.