How to use ZOOM Meeting Platform? – Advised by Ministry
MHA issues Advisory on Secure use of ZOOM Meeting Platform
Ministry of Home Affairs vide Press Release Id No: 1615008dated 16.04.2020 has issued Advisory on Secure use of ZOOM Meeting Platform.
- The Cyber Coordination Centre (CyCord)has issued an advisory on secure use of ZOOM Meeting Platform by private individuals..
- the platform is not for use by Government officers/officials for official purposes.
- guidelines have been issued to safeguard private individuals who would still like to use the platform for private purposes.
- broad objective of this advisory is:
- to prevent any unauthorized entry into a Zoom Conference Room
- to prevent the unauthorized participant
- to carry out malicious attacks on the terminals of other users in the conference
- The modalities of payment of’ this non-deducted APY contributions along with regular contributions shall be communicated in due course.
- all APY-SPs are advised to stop auto-debiting the savings account of the subscribers for APY contribution amount with immediate effect till 30th June 2020.
- Advisory on Secure use of Zoom meeting platform byprivate individuals (not for use by governmentoffices/officials for official purpose)
- Zoom is a not a safe platform and advisory of cert-in on thesame dated Feb 06, 2020 and March 30, 2020 may kindly bereferred.
- advisories are available on Cert-In website.
- Broad objective of advisory guidelines is to enable/disable certainsettings is to:
- prevent unauthorised entry in the conference room
- prevent an authorised participant to carry out malicious on the terminals of other in the conference.
- Avoid DOS attack by restricting users through passwords and access grant
- Most of the settings can be done by login into users zoomaccount at website, or installed application at PC/Laptop/Phoneand also during conduct of conference
- certain settingsare possible through certain mode/channel only
- Details of protective measures to be taken by individuals may be accessed in the document attached at this
Read more SEBI – Non-compliance provisions & Penalty Chart related to continuous disclosures
Read more Auto-population of E-invoice Details into GSTR-1
Contact details in case of any issue :
Thanks for reading “How to use ZOOM Meeting Platform? – Advised by Ministry“
IN NO EVENT THE AUTHOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION.
THIS HAS BEEN SHARED FOR KNOWLEDGE PURPOSES ONLY.