‘Electricity Access in India and Benchmarking Distribution Utilities’ report launched

NITI Aayog, Ministry of Power, Rockefeller Foundation and Smart Power India today launched the ‘Electricity Access in India and Benchmarking Distribution Utilities’ report. According to the report, 92 per cent of customers reported the overall availability of electricity infrastructure
within 50 metres of their premises. 87 per cent of the surveyed customers have access to gridbased electricity. The remaining 13 per cent either use non-grid sources or do not use any electricity at all. The hours of supply have improved significantly across the customer categories to nearly 17 hours per day. The report is based on a primary survey conducted
across ten states, representing about 65 per cent of the total rural population of India and with a sample size of more than 25 thousand, including households, commercial enterprises and institutions.

You May Also Like : CBDT and CBIC has Extended Due Dates for Various Returns/ Reports

Install Official Tax Concept APP : Click Here to Install APP

Install Sumedh APP for Asking Queries : Click Here to Install APP


Surbhi Saxena edits the daily Current Affairs News.
The author is qualified member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).