Current and Corporate Affairs : 05 August 2020
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan tests positive for Covid-19: – Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has tested positive for Covid-19 and has been admitted to a hospital. He said, on the advice of doctors, he has been admitted to hospital. The Minister said, he is healthy. Mr Pradhan is the second Union Minister in the Cabinet to test positive for Covid-19. Earlier, Home Minister Amit Shah had tested positive and admitted to hospital.
- Bangladesh not to prioritise Chinese COVID-19 Vaccine trial :- Bangladesh is making all efforts to get access to the COVID 19 vaccine for its people at the earliest when it is available in the world. Speaking to the media in Dhaka on Tuesday, Secretary of Health and Family Welfare Ministry Abdul Mannan said that Dhaka is in touch with several international organisations like the Gavi Foundation which has invited it to be present in the next meeting scheduled for September. He said that in case Oxford trials or other trials taking place in US and Europe, give results earlier, Bangladesh wants to get the vaccine for its people at the earliest. Speaking about the Chinese Sinovac Biotech company’s request to allow the human trial of the vaccine, Secretary Abdul Mannan said that the permission for human trial to the Chinese vaccine will be given only after the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) is convinced about its efficacy otherwise it will not be permitted.
- Govt formulates draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020: – Defence Ministry has formulated a draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020 (DPEPP-2020).The policy aims to provide impetus to self-reliance in defence manufacturing under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Scheme. The DPEPP 2020 is envisaged as overarching guiding document of Defence Ministry to provide a focused, structured and significant thrust to defence production capabilities of the country for self-reliance and exports.
- I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar launches DD Assam 24×7 channel through video conferencing: – Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar today launched DD Assam 24×7 channel through video conferencing. Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Javadekar said, it was necessary for the State to have a new channel. He said, it is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision that Northeast India will become an engine for growth for the country. Northeast region is full of resources and diversities.
- PM Modi to take part in Bhumi Poojan for construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya tomorrow: – Prime Minister Narendra Modi will go to Ayodhya city of Uttar Pradesh tomorrow to take part in Bhumi Poojan Function for the construction of Ram Temple. The Bhumi Poojan ceremony will start at sharp 12.30 afternoon and culminate at 12.45 pm. 175 guests including 135 Saints belonging to 135 spiritual traditions have been invited for the ceremony.
- Union Agriculture Minister launches Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel: – Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar today launched the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel, a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation. He said, Cooperatives have a major role in the country in realizing the Prime Minister’s dreams. The Minister also launched guidance videos produced by NCDC on ‘Formation and Registration of A Cooperative’ for eighteen different states in Hindi and regional languages.
- Over 1.29 lakh farmers in Mizoram receive annual income support under PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi: – In Mizoram, over 1.29 lakh farmers have received annual income support under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PMKisan), as against 1,46,977 farmers having registered their names to the scheme. The PM-Kisan is adopted by the central government to provide annual income support of 6000 rupees to the farmers. State officials said that Rs. 69.46 crore have so far been provided to the farmers’ families. They said, the state agriculture department has been executing a number of schemes to increase the income of the farmers and to make agriculture a sustainable livelihood.
- HRD Minister lays foundation stone of IIM at Dhaula Kuan in Sirmour district:- In Himachal Pradesh, Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, Union Minister of State for Education Sanjay Dhotre and Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs Anurag Singh Thakur laid the foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Dhaula Kuan in Sirmour district through video conferencing today. The first phase of this Institute would be completed by spending an amount of 392.51 crore rupees.
- Punjab Hooch tragedy: Police arrest Ludhianabased Paint Store owner: – Punjab Police has arrested the Ludhiana-based Paint Store owner, allegedly responsible for triggering the chain of events that ultimately resulted in the death of 111 persons across three districts. DGP Dinkar Gupta said, the accused had disclosed that he supplied the three drums of methanol (methyl alcohol), which were used to make the spurious methanol based alcohol. DGP said, one absconding accused was also arrested from Batala today. The DGP said 50 litres of alcohol was seized from him. With the arrest of him and two other key players in the entire tragic saga, the number of arrests in the case has gone up to 40. According to the DGP, the arrest of paint store owner and other criminals, has led the police to identify some more key people involved in the manufacture and distribution of spurious liquor.
- Sri Lanka to vote tomorrow to elect 225 members for its 16th parliament: – Sri Lanka will vote tomorrow to elect 225 members for its 16th parliament with strict health guidelines amidst COVID situation. The voting will begin at 7 AM in the morning and continue till 5 PM. The counting of votes will be held on Friday and results are expected by late evening on that day. Over 7450 candidates are in fray for parliament seats while around 1.62 crore voters are eligible to exercise their franchise at around 13 thousand polling booths.
- US Prez Trump bars federal govt agencies from outsourcing to foreign workers: – United States President Donald Trump has signed an executive order that bars federal government agencies from displacing American nationals and citizens with foreign workers. It also calls for prohibiting American employers from using H-1B workers to displace Americans in outsourcing contracts. Indians have been largest beneficiaries of the H-1B visa programme.
BUSINESS AND FINANCE
- Indian Railways revises its Freight Policy during Unlock 3.0: – Indian Railways has further revised its Freight Policy during Unlock 3.0 to promote economical activities. Railways Ministry said, more relaxations have been provided to the customers by slew of incentives. These incentives are expected to boost the economy. The Ministry said, Railways is on a mission mode to boost freight traffic.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chairs 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme: – Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju today chaired the 1st General Council meeting of the Khelo India Scheme. Speaking at the meeting, Mr Rijiju urged the states to organise State-level Khelo India Games annually with an effort to identify a larger number of grassroot-level talents. He said, the annual competitions being organized at the national level under the Khelo India Scheme, like the Khelo India Youth Games and University Games, have helped to identify sporting talent from all states.
- President, VP, PM, MIB express grief on demise of theatre legend Ebrahim Alkazi: – President, Vice President and Prime Minister have expressed grief on the demise of theatre maestro Ebrahim Alkazi. In a tweet, President Ram Nath Kovind said, Ebrahim Alkazi, doyen of Indian theatre, mentored and inspired generations of artists. The President said, his death leaves a void in the world of performing arts. He said, a Padma Vibhushan recipient, his legacy will live on. He conveyed condolences to his family, students and art lovers.
- Nobel Laureate John Hume died following long period of illness: – Nobel Laureate John Hume, a prominent Northern Ireland politician has died yesterday, following a long period of illness. He was 83. Hume was one of the highest-profile politicians in Northern Ireland for more than 30 years. He was a founding member of the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP) in 1970 and led the party from 1979 until 2001.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS as on 4th AUG 2020
- Grievance Resolution between listed entities and proxy advisers. Source: – Click Here
- Decentralization of work related to Registration of Portfolio Managers. Source: – Click Here
- Procedural Guidelines for Proxy Advisors. Source: – Click Here
- Recovery Proceedings- Certificate No. 2923 A.P No 5876 &
5877 of 2020 Purba Agro Food Pvt. Ltd. in the matter of Illiquid
Stock Options at BSE. Source: – Click Here
- Clarification on dispatch of notice under section 62(2) Companies Act, 2013 by listed companies for right issues opening upto 31st December, 2020. Source: – Click Here
- The Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Amendment Rules, 2020. Source:- Click Here
Compiled By : CS Surbhi Saxena
Subscribe Us on You Tube for LIVE Webinars : CLICK HERE TO YOUTUBE
YOU CAN ALSO SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE BY SENDING IT TO email@example.com