Home Ministry extends guidelines for COVID-19 surveillance till January 31
The Home Ministry issued an order to extend the earlier Guidelines for Surveillance to remain in force upto 31st January 2021. It said, while there has been a continuous decline in the active and new COVID-19 cases, there is need to maintain surveillance, containment and caution, keeping in view the surge in cases globally and emergence of a new variant of the virus in the United Kingdom. Containment Zones continue to be demarcated carefully, prescribed containment measures strictly followed within these zones, COVID-appropriate behaviour promoted and strictly enforced and the Standard Operating Procedures prescribed in respect of various permitted activities followed scrupulously. It said, therefore, the focused approach on surveillance, containment and strict observance of the guidelines or SOPs issued by Home Ministry and Health Ministry as envisaged in the Guidelines issued on 25th of last month, need to be enforced strictly by States and UTs.