MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 26th April, 2022
G.S.R. 317(E).—In the exercise of the powers conferred by clauses (d) and (e) of sub-section (2)
of section 24 of the Coinage Act, 2011 (11 of 2011), the Central Government hereby makes the following
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Coinage (Issue of commemorative
coin on the occasion of Birth Centenary of Shri Jawaharlal Darda) Rules, 2022.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Denomination of Coin.- The coin of One hundred Rupees denomination shall only be coined at the
Mint for issue under the authority of the Central Government on the occasion of “Birth Centenary of
Shri Jawaharlal Darda”.
- Dimension and composition of coin.- The coin of the above denomination mentioned in rule 2 shall
conform to the following dimensions and composition, namely:-
of the coin
Shape and outside
(1) (2) (3) (4)
44 millimeters 200
Silver – 50 Per cent.
Copper – 40 Per cent.
Nickel – 05 Per cent.
Zinc – 05 Per cent.
- Design.- The design of the coin shall be as specified in the First Schedule to these rules.
- Standard weight and remedy allowed.- The standard weight of the coin of above denomination
coined to commemorate the occasion of Birth Centenary of Shri Jawaharlal Darda and the remedy
allowed in making of such coin shall be as specified in the Second Schedule to these rules.
(See Rule 4)
ONE HUNDRED RUPEES
The face of the coin shall bear the Lion Capitol of Ashoka Pillar in the centre with the legend “सत्यमेि
ियते” inscribed below, flanked on the left periphery with the word “भारत” in Devnagri script and on the
right periphery with the word “INDIA” in English. It shall also bear the Rupee symbol “₹” and
denominational value “100” in the international numerals below the Lion Capitol.
This face of the coin shall bear the image of Shri Jawaharlal Darda in the centre of coin. The inscription
“श्री ििाहरलाल दडायकी िन्द्मिताब्दी” shall be written in Devanagari script on the upper periphery and the
inscription “BIRTH CENTENARY OF SHRI JAWAHARLAL DARDA” in English on the lower
periphery of the coin. A year “1923” and “2023” in international numerals shall be flanked respectively on
right and left middle periphery of the coin.
(See Rule 5)
In composition In Standard
(1) (2) (3) (4)
35 Grams 1/500th plus or minus for silver, that is
to say the Silver content may vary
from 498 to 502 per 1000.
1/100th plus or minus that is to
say the weight could be 34.65
grams to 35.35 grams.
[F. No. 02/08/2021-Coin]
SHASHANK SAKSENA, Senior Economic Adviser