MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economics Affairs)
New Delhi, the 22nd April, 2022
G.S.R. 311(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clauses (d) and (e) of sub-section (2) of
section 24 of the Coinage Act, 2011(11 of 2011), the Central Government hereby makes the following
rules, namely: –
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Coinage (Issue of commemorative
coin on the occasion of CENTENARY YEAR OF UNIVERSITY OF DELHI) Rules, 2022.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Denomination of coin.- The coin of One Hundred Rupees denomination shall only be coined at the Mint
for issue under the authority of the Central Government on the occasion of “CENTENARY YEAR OF
UNIVERSITY OF DELHI”.
3. Dimension and composition of coin.- The coin of the above denomination mentioned in rule 2 shall
conform to the following dimensions and composition, namely: –
Denomination of coin Shape and outside diameter Number of serrations Metal composition
(1) (2) (3) (4)
One Hundred Rupees
44 millimeter 200
Silver – 50 per cent.
Copper – 40 per cent.
Nickel – 05 per cent.
Zinc – 05 per cent.
4. Design.- The design of the coin shall be as specified in the First Schedule of these rules.
5. Standard weight and remedy allowed.- The standard weight of the coin of above denomination coined
to commemorate the occasion of CENTENARY YEAR OF UNIVERSITY OF DELHI and the remedy
allowed in making of such coin shall be as specified in the Second Schedule to these rules.
(See Rule 4)
ONE HUNDRED RUPEES
This face of the coin shall bear the Lion Capitol of Ashoka Pillar in the centre with the legend “सत्यमेि
ियते” inscribed below, flanked on the left periphery with the word “भारत” in Devnagri script and on the
right periphery with the word “INDIA” in English. It shall also bear the Rupee symbol “₹`” and
denominational value “100” in the international numerals below the Lion Capitol.
This face of coin shall bear the logo of the University of Delhi in the centre of the coin. The inscription
“ददल्ली जिश्वजिद्यालय का िताब्दी िर्य” shall be written in Devnagari script on the upper periphery and the
inscription “CENTENARY YEAR OF UNIVERSITY OF DELHI” in English is depicted on the lower
periphery of the coin. The year “2022” in international numeral shall be written below the logo of the
University of Delhi.
(See Rule 5)
coin Standard weight Remedy allowed
In composition In standard weight
(1) (2) (3) (4)
Rupees 35 Grams
1/500th plus or minus for Silver,
that is to say the Silver content may
vary from 498 to 502 per 1000.
1/100th plus or minus, that is
to say weight could be 34.65
grams to 35.35 grams.
MANISHA SINHA, Jt. Secy. (Coin and Currency)