India’s industrial production rose 11.9 per cent in August, according to official data released on Tuesday.
As per the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) data by the National Statistical Office (NSO), the manufacturing sector’s output surged 9.7 per cent in August 2021.
The Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) are released on 12th of every month (or previous working day if 12th is a holiday) with a six weeks lag and compiled with data received from source agencies, which in turn receive the data from the producing factories/ establishments.
2. For the month of August 2021, the Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) with base 2011-12 stands at 131.1. The Indices of Industrial Production for the Mining, Manufacturing and Electricity sectors for the month of August 2021 stand at 103.8, 130.2 and 188.7 respectively. These Quick Estimates will undergo revision in subsequent releases as per the revision policy of IIP.
3. As per Use-based classification, the indices stand at 127.3 for Primary Goods, 91.0 for Capital Goods, 142.7 for Intermediate Goods and 145.2 for Infrastructure/ Construction Goods for the month of August 2021. Further, the indices for Consumer durables and Consumer non-durables stand at 118.3 and 147.3 respectively for the month of August 2021.
4. Details of Quick Estimates of the Index of Industrial Production for the month of August 2021 at Sectoral, 2-digit level of National Industrial Classification (NIC-2008) and by Use-based classification are given at Statements I, II and III respectively. Also, for users to appreciate the changes in the industrial sector, Statement IV provides month-wise indices for the last 12 months, by industry groups (as per 2-digit level of NIC-2008) and sectors.
5. Along with the Quick Estimates of IIP for the month of August 2021, the indices for July 2021 have undergone the first revision and those for May 2021 have undergone final revision in the light of the updated data received from the source agencies. The Quick Estimates for August 2021, the first revision for July 2021 and the final revision for May 2021 have been compiled at weighted response rates of 90 percent, 93 percent and 94 percent respectively.
6. Release of the Index for September 2021 will be on Friday, 12th November 2021.