• According to the section 159 of the Income Tax Act, 1961; where a person
dies, his legal representative shall be liable to pay any sum which the deceased
would have been liable to pay if he had not died, in the like manner and to the
same extent as the deceased. The legal representative of the deceased shall,
for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to be an assessee.
• Income Tax return of deceased person can be filed by the legal heir/executor of
the deceased person. To file the ITR the legal representative/executor has to
get register as Legal heir on e-filing on portal.
• The legal heir has to login on e-filing portal and follow the below steps:
* Salary Income
* House Property Income
* Income from Business and Profession
* Income from Other Sources