Easy Income Tax Return: Chartered Accountant (CA) & ERI will be able to add on the new income tax e-portal, know how to take advantage of ‘My CA Service’

Income Tax Return: This will give great relief to those taxpayers who find it difficult to fill their income tax return or any other form. This work will be done by the CA or ERI on behalf of the taxpayers. You can add or remove them.

You can add and assign any CA for yourself using ‘My CA Service‘ on the e-filing portal. Not only that, you can also remove a CA or revoke a already assigned CA.

How to take help of CA on e-filing portal

  • First you have to go to the Income Tax e-filing portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/about-portal and login
  • After this go to Authorized Partners and click on My Chartered Accountants
  • Then click on Add CA, fill in the details like Membership Number, Chartered Accountant Name and Validation etc.
  • After filling all the details, after validation from the ICAI database, you will be able to take the help of the assigned CA

On one, when the CA is added by the taxpayer, it will help in filling all the necessary forms.

Apart from this, you can also take help of e-Return Intermediary (ERI). CAs are members of the Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants, while e-Return Intermediary are authorized individuals who perform various functions on behalf of taxpayers including filing their income tax returns.

If you need ERI help, then you have to go to My ERI service and add an ERI to your profile. Now you can remove this ERI and add another whenever you want. An ERI can add you as its client on the e-filing portal, if you are not registered on the e-filing portal then ERI can register you before adding you as a client.