CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 1,15,917 crore to more than 98.90 lakh taxpayers from 1st April,2021 to 8th November,2021. Income tax refunds of Rs. 36,000 crore have been issued in 97,12,911 cases &corporate tax refunds of Rs. 79,917 crore have been issued in 1,77,184 cases.
This includes 65.31 lakh refunds of AY 2021-22 amounting to Rs. 12,616.79 crore the Income Tax department tweeted.
Ways to check Income Tax refund status?
1. On the NSDL website
- Step 1: Go to the NSDL website to track refund.
- Step 2: The following web page will appear. Fill in the details, including PAN and AY and click ‘Proceed’.
- Step 3: Your income tax refund status will be displayed, as depicted in the following image.
2. On e-filing portal:
- Step 1: Log into the e-filing portal of Income Tax department by clicking here.
- Step 2: Select View Returns/ Forms.
- Step 3: Go to ‘My Account’ tab and select ‘Income Tax Returns’. Click submit.
- Step 4: Click on the acknowledgement number.
- Step 5: A page showing your return details along with income tax refund status will appear.