Date : 11/02/2020
CGST, Central Goods and Services Tax, Jodhpur
Greetings of the day!
Sub.: Representation against Technical Glitches faced at GST Portal and Request for Extension of Due Date for GSTR-1 and GSTR-9/9C for F.Y. 2017-18.
Tax Bar Association, Jodhpur registered under Section 12AA of the income tax act, 1961 and comprising of around 510 various professional members, hereby takes the privilege to address the concerns of the members, being Chartered Accountants, Advocates and Tax Practitioners, practicing in the area of indirect taxation which are of utmost important and need to be addressed by your good office on utmost priority.
Note : The below facts are complied on the basis of feedback of the members which have been supported by the businesses and other connected and concerned people from the society.
All our members are aggrieved by the working of GST portal for its unpreparedness/technical glitches/short-comings at Goods and Services Tax Network Portal thereby resulting in non-compliances and exposing clients of the members of the Associations to several penalties/ late fees under the respective CGST Act as well as RGST Act and thereby also bringing disrepute to the tax professionals/ members of the Association as their respective assessee look up to the tax professionals for the solution and statutory compliances and thereby resulting in creating impediments/ hindrances in the effective discharge of the professional duties by the members of the Association.
We have faced severe issues at the GST Service Portal since morning, for which we have enclosed screen shot for your ready reference :-
- Unable to login due to site showing capacity of 150000 already logged in at all the times.
- Unable to save data to portal and site showing – “Received but pending”
- Due date of GSTR-1 for January 2020 – Shown as 30.04.2020
- Members and their clients are getting SMS for reminder of filing GSTR 3B within 2 days whereas the due date of GSTR 3B is 20.02.2020 for more than Rs. 5 Crore and is 24.02.2020 for registered person having turnover of less than Rs. 5 Crore in previous year.
- GSTR 9 error showing “Return already under process, if error persists quote error number RET00009 when you contact customer care for quick resolution”
- While filing Annual Returns – many times we get an error as “Unable to Connect to Server”
- While Login at Portal – we get an errors as “there seems to be an inadvertent problem while communication with GST System. This may be on account of one of the followings” thereby unable to access the site.
- Members are facing slow response time of the GSTN portal.
- The saved data automatically got lost which compelled the members/ assessee to fill again all the details.
- The digital signature facility is not efficient or some time heavy traffic at portal is not working ;
- While filing information on the GSTN portal, repeatedly errors were shown with no explanation about the problem/ rectification which needs to be done by assessee ;
- Validation error occurred various times while filing the details.
Tax Bar Association is of the belief that in a democratic country, the People of the country are the supreme authority and it is confident that the Government will not suppress the concerns of its People. We understand that the Govt. and department is well aware of the persisting difficulties of the People on account of the incapability of the GST portal.
The Definite Partner in Nation Building
Tax Bar Association, Jodhpur
(CA V.P. Daga)