For many facilities related to PF, it is necessary to have an exit date mark. Till now only the company had the right to mark the exit date. Due to not marking the exit date by the company, the employees were not able to make withdrawal from PF account if needed. Due to this, PF account transfer could not be done.
Now EPFO has given the facility to the employees to mark the exit date on their own. However, this can be done only when the PF contribution of both the employee and the company has stopped accruing. Employees can mark the exit date two months after the last contribution is submitted.
Steps by Steps Process Mark Exit:
- Enter UAN, Password and Captcha code and login. UAN must be active.
- Now a new page will open in front of you. In the above section you have to click on ‘Manage’ tab. After that select ‘Mark Exit’.
- After this the details related to that account and job will appear. Now fill in the date and reason for leaving the job.
- The reasons for leaving the job will be options like retirement, short service.
- Then click on ‘Request OTP’.
- Then select the check box.
- Your date of exit has been submitted.